Sunday 27 May 2007

Take a breath - Not a drink...

...at least not at 10:00 AM. I went to the post office on Friday. As I got into my car a vehicle passed by and the music was very loud. The driver was singing and laughing. At first I thought it was great that someone was actually singing and having fun.

When I backed out and drove by the couple they happened to look at me, so I simply smiled and said, "You two are having way too much fun for so early in the morning."

The guy smiled back and said, "Well, it's five o'clock somewhere, isn't it?" He slurred his words. Get it. He was already drinking and driving. Not good!

It was only a few weeks ago I saw a five car pile up at 1:00PM at an intersection near my home. Someone was drunk as a skunk and plowed into a vehicle stopped for the red light. Like a domino effect - four other cars were immediately involved. SMASH, CRASH. Ambulances on their way, police too. It was terrible.

It was unnecessary. I am NOT SAYING, "Never have a drink". I would be a hypocrite, if I did, as I still have one occasionally. I truly believe alcohol is one of the most insidious drugs on the market, legal and condoned and advertised. Drink and you'll get the sexy women. NOT. Drink and you won't remember who you were with is more like it!

This is a PLEA! PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. Don't die for a drink. Don't start out your day with a drink. I was married to an alcoholic who used to do that. He's dead now.

Value your life and the lives of others and take a breath......it WILL relax you!

No comments: