Wednesday 30 May 2007

Easy techniques to be rid of MANY STRESSES

.......if you just take the time to do these things. We are all, of course, rushed these days. Too much to do, too little time. These three things are primarily for women to use, men can use them too. Actually my husband does (only two of them.)

1. How easy is it to loose your keys? Have you ever had your purse stolen? (I have!)
Simply buy a clip like the one in the photo and put it on your key ring. You may have to get used to "the look", but I will guarantee you won't loose your keys, or have to struggle looking for them in your purse, if you have one of these little lifesavers.

I hook the keys to my belt loop or to my purse. Easy to find, securely there. Another trick that I love is this. You've heard how purses are stolen at times when you leave yours sitting in your shopping cart. Well it takes one second to hook your purse from your attached key ring, to one of the metal parts of the shopping cart.

Guaranteed, if someone goes to pick up your purse they will get a jolt as it will be attached to the cart. So easy. So effective. Believe me, yesterday in the store I noticed it was a thief's paradise. There were so many purses sitting in the shopping carts with women totally looking the other way. This does relieve stress!

2. Purchase a timer. I don't care if it's from the dollar store or an expensive one. Just get one. I cannot tell you how much this thing has saved both my husband and myself LOTS of stress. For mom's - when your the baby is sleeping and you have food in the oven (for me it's cookies usually:), and you want to sneak a minute or two on the computer - use a timer. It will save the fire alarm from going off when your cookies are burnt!

I use my timer for everything - even what time I have left before I have to leave for an appointment. My husband uses it regularly too! A great way to lighten your stress load.

3. Lastly, (and this one is mostly for women), get a whistle to put on your key ring. I bought my daughter a pepper spray when she lived in L.A. and she proudly displayed it to a police friend of hers. He said, "Get a whistle". It makes sense to me.

If, God forbid, you are attacked, a whistle while you are fending off the attacker would really attract attention. Besides, it is a known fact that if an attacker hears a whistle sometimes they will just leave. Really.

You might think it could never happen to you. WRONG. I had an attempted rape. It
does happen. It could save your life. To be prepared is certainly one way to defend yourself before anything happens!

So there it is. Three little tiny things you can use to remove MANY STRESSES!!! Just take a few moments out of one day to make three small purchases and get in the habit of using them effectively.

Have a wonderful day, and BE SAFE, not paranoid!

No comments: