Wednesday 18 April 2007

I am sorry but....

the media sucks. The one thing I love about the internet is people talking to people. Yes, there is BS everywhere, but I believe lots of real information is passed along.

I must say: When it's over, it's over! Acceptance. The media likes to turn every move into a story. They like to sensationalize
every aspect of horror. Excuse me.

For me, the most advantageous technique for living life, has been learning acceptance.
We haven't control over the majority of what actually happens in our lives. That is simply the way it is. We like to think we are controlling our lives, but that just isn't realistic. Anything
can happen from one moment to the next!


STOP! We must stop it, if they won't. Agreed?

We are curious. We want to know what has happenened; why this human
went crazy and caused such horror. But READING, WATCHING, LISTENING to the same story repeated over and over (excuse me) CRAP - does not resolve anything.

1. Acceptance: we must accept this has happened. It is a shock. It is horrible. Watching the same images, listening to the same "few" that report it - NOT PRODUCTIVE.

As an example: I am a mother in Tacoma, Washington. I become so engrossed with this incident that I feel it is over - "I
can never send my child to school without fear." WRONG. NARROW. Not accepting that in this life, we have only limited control over what happens!

WHEN MY CHILDREN LEFT HOME - I was devastated. (They didn't know it). I was fearful they were in the wrong place, in the wrong group of people, YOU KNOW. I had to trust that they had the "stuff" inside to survive. Mama told me, "At this point honey, you have to trust God, and trust your children." I did. I could do nothing else.

WE HAVE TO ACCEPT what IS. Otherwise we are living a life of delusion. It is what is it!

Sad, terrible, useless, pointless, horrible - agreed. But NOW we have to move forward. It is the ONLY CHOICE.

No comments: