Friday 8 June 2007

Secret #80 Create a NOT To-Do List

Knowing what to STOP doing is just as important as knowing what you must be doing.

As I was reading the Bible this morning, I read where Jesus said, "I have not come to...." and then he explains exactly what he would not do with his time... and then reaffirmed what he would do with his time. (For the complete context, read Mark 2:13-17.)

Jesus got me thinking today. What is my "NOT-To-Do List"? If I can get my NOT to-do list clear--it wil certainly help me create a clear and properly prioritized to-do list.

Think about it.

If you figure out what you should be doing for this season of your life, but you don't stop doing less important things already in your life... you won't have time to do that which is most important.

This is the law of posteriorities: In order to take on some new activity you must first get rid of an old one. For no one has a limitless capacity to keep adding activities to life without pitching something.

Hence, the law of posteriorities accentuates our need to create a clear Not To-Do List

Click the comment link below and share with us your short NOT To-Do List.

No comments: