Wednesday 8 August 2007

How to handle UNEXPECTED expense!

SAME OLD TECHNIQUE (but always effective).
First TAKE A BREATH.

One thing I have learned in this life is that just when the bills are paid and you might have a few dollars extra - SOMETHING jumps in to grab those bills!

It is exhausting, discouraging, makes us angry, and unfair! BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

Are you going to let money problems RUIN your life, your relationships, your family?
DON'T YOU DO IT! This too shall pass.

Whatever the problem a resolve will come if you maintain your cool. Remember, it's just one of those circumstances that happens and you STILL have the CHOICE of how to respond.

Here's an example: Yesterday I attended a workshop I could little afford. I am trying to create a business that is successful on the internet. They provided lunch, and just before the part I really wanted to hear, I bit down on a piece of uncooked rice and totally broke my tooth.

I had to excuse myself, go to the dentist, and was told "You need a crown. That will be $800.00 please!"

I took a breath. ALLOWED myself to be sad and discouraged for a few moments, and then took another breath. I arranged for payments, called my husband and told him I felt badly about the cost. He teased me for a minute and said, "Gosh you are expensive!" I responded by "But I'm worth it, huh?" He agreed. (Phew, got him fooled:).

Then I returned to the seminar. (Of course I didn't smile my normal big mouth smile...it looks terrible:). This morning I am so glad I picked a positive response.
You know life is going to hand you troubles year after year. That doesn't mean you have to CHOKE on them and ruin the MOMENTS of EACH DAY. All we have are these moments.

Happiness or another bill? I CHOOSE HAPPINESS....no matter what the cost!

Have a wonderful day. I care!

No comments: