Wednesday 25 July 2007

When you reach an impass - hit the wall!

STOP and take a breath. I shall do it with you as I hit that wall a few moments ago. If you feel yourself getting upset, angry, or impatient with a job you are doing - WHATEVER - it is the time to MAKE CHANGES! Not tomorrow, right now!

Take a breath again! (If it isn't now, when this happens this technique will always work.) Control your response, your intellect, and your happiness with your oxygen. You are an oxygen machine and it works! Try it.

The second thing you do is to get up and walk away. Stretch. Move to a different task. Do something to divert your attention from this mind boggling event that is chemically changing who you are!

You may say "I can't - I have responsibilities!" Well, unless it is life threatening to you or someone close to you, it is LIFE THREATENING in the long run of it unless you CONTROL what is happening!

You can't control all the circumstances happening, but you can ALWAYS control your response.

Is the thing that is frustrating you important enough "to die for" - I think not!
Re-evaluate what you are doing and make necessary changes (even if just for a few moments to gather your wits about you, and make a plan). You will be relieved that you've done this, and so will your family!

Remember: Sometimes when you let loose on those you love THEY ARE NOT ACTUALLY THE TARGET. They just happened to be in the way and catch your wrath. Think about it and be flexible enough to try these techniques. You will be glad you did.

I know I am. I am now relaxed enough, regenerated, and calm enough to return to what I was doing. I am actually building a new website and I hit that wall.

I feel better. Hope you do too. I actually care!

No comments: