Thursday 26 July 2007

How NOT to start the day

Check out the photo on the right. I got up at 6AM - brushed my teeth (in order to kiss my husband goodbye. Drank a glass of water (to dilute the acid in my two cups of coffee), and proceeded to spill the coffee all over the table, the chair cushion, and the floor I had just cleaned the night before!

So you know what I did? I LOVE the fact I teach stress management - it's made my life paradise! I looked at it and thought: "You know, it's a good thing mama taught me to be flexible and accept change. We never know just what will happen."

I looked at the mess again and actually giggled. That wasn't the way I intended to start the day. Tried to get the dog to lick it up, but dogs are smart-they don't like coffee:).

So - I poured another cup - got the mop out and began the cleanup. Washed the cushion and finished by dry mopping the floor so I wouldn't slip and break my fanny!

All in all, it was nothing. It was rather funny as it reminded me we have little control over what happens to us, but ultimate control over our response. I love it.
Was kind of like a Saturday night live skit....

It's not WHAT happens to you, but HOW you respond that changes your life and the lives of those around you!

Keep hold of that sense of humor and all will be okay. Have a WONDERFUL day where
ever you are and whatever time of day it is! It's your choice. I care!

No comments: