Friday 23 February 2007

Secret #63 Clarify Your Priorities NOW

When watching people at the very end of their lives, I have yet to hear someone say, "Bring me my my bank book. I want to see where the decimal point falls one last time." I've never heard a dying person say, "Bring me my degrees. I want to see my academic accomplishments one last time before I slip away." However, I HAVE heard those who were at the very end of their lives call for the people who represent their closest relationships.

It's the dying who see what's truly important in life with crystal clarity.

Ironically, the rest of us tend to be fairly clueless until we're rudely confronted with our own brevity of life.

So how can you be sure to live before you die?

I suggest you answer this question by creating a short list RIGHT NOW:

If you only had six months to live, what would you spend your time doing?

Don't wait until you're on your deathbed to figure out what's truly important.

No comments: