Monday 11 February 2008

Are you operating from fear or love?

Simple question, isn't it?

It's what my therapist asked me last week when I went in after a year hiatus to seek some advice.

I went in with the answer to my dilemma, but I didn't trust it. Something happened to make me rethink my behavior, and I was confused. What if I kept doing what I was doing? What would happen then? What if I didn't? So many questions were causing me to doubt the decision that I'd already made, a decision that I hadn't made lightly in the first place.

So she said to me, "Jackie, I think we operate from two very basic emotions: fear and love. Which one do you pick?"

If you're wrestling with a choice to make that is complicating your life or causing confusion, can you bring it down to the basics? Can you trust that you know what's best for you? If you could pick between fear or love, what would it be?

The answer may end your confusion.

Sometimes, it really is that simple.

All my best,
Jackie

No comments: