Wednesday 21 March 2007

When you can't handle any more, remember.....

YOU CAN TOO! Often we are hit with so much at one time we may think we just can't handle it.

The secret is, WE CAN!

I will reiterate as I have before many times: STOP. Take a breath. Slow down for 30 seconds and pull yourself together. We have been given a great natural instinct from within to help us find an answer, or at least some peace about the unbelievable circumstances that surround our being. Change the subject. Divert your own attention to something else momentarily. Take a breath!

Mama told me, "Just think honey. What is the worst that can happen? If you can fathom handling that, you can handle anything. If you think you can't, then think again! Life is tough."

"Stop listening to all the negative things that include the words: I can't, I won't, I won't be able to, I give up, I quit, etc. Never give up. Just when you think you can't handle everything - everything will change. Give it a bit of time. 90% of what we waste our lives worrying about never comes to fruition. So STOP wasting your life on "worry and doubt". It doesn't do anything except hurt you and all those around you."

Keep in mind my mama had osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and "other disabilities". She could twist her waist and break a bone. She lost 7 1/2 inches in height and was in critical pain most of the time. She proved you can "handle anything that crosses your path. Never give up or give in!"

Pretty sound advice, I think. Now take a breath and relax! It will all be okay.

No comments: