Sunday 11 November 2007

Unexpected Trauma

Ok, this is a "little" trauma, but it could have been WAY BIGGER if I had let it!
Several months ago my husband bought me a new Schwinn sidewinder bike (designed particularly for women). A couple of days ago I put it in my vehicle and went to a bike trail and rode. It felt great. I do that as often as I can.

When I got home I took the bike out and as I sat it down the phone rang. I quickly opened the kick stand and ran for the phone....last time I'll do that:).

By the time I got there no one was on the line, so I used the restroom and thought I'd
run a few pressing errands. When I came back out the garage door I didn't see the bike so never thought a thing about it! Obviously the kick stand wasn't fully opened and the bike was laying on the ground.

I jumped in the vehicle and backed up - right over my new bike! THUD! I thought I had wrecked it! I did cry (crying is good as it cleans out the tear ducts) - then I called my husband and told him.

He was not mad, but felt terrible I had been crying. He said it's okay - "Stuff happens". We'll just get it fixed." I was fortunate as I know some men can be nasty
about things like that. (Just to clear this up: I don't accept material things being more important than people, so if he'd been upset about the cost, I would have dealt with it differently-but peacefully:) War never ends, as we see all over the world!

Anyway, I felt better, will be more careful next time, and am prayerful and happy it wasn't a child or adult! I will be more careful and that is my lesson learned.

Have a wonderful day and you be careful too!

No comments: