Wednesday 14 November 2007

Unexpected trauma II - the continuing story:)

I could have been upset when I was getting ready to serve dinner to my husband. One
of the baked potatoes decided to BLOW UP! Of course I had just cleaned the oven, and I
was very hungry.

I have no idea why it blew up. In all the years I've baked potatoes and there have been thousands (no lie), I've never had this happen!

So my stress management technique: Laugh. It actually was funnier than upsetting...I
opened the oven and there was my potato (of course it was mine, my hubby was starving)
all over the oven. :)

I reckoned that I wasn't supposed to have the potato as I always use too much butter and sour cream, and I am trying to loose a few pounds before the holidays. Dinner was still great, and I was not "over-stuffed", nor did I feel guilty.

So when something happens that could be unexpected trauma, but it's really not life altering, take it with a sense of humor. Laughter saves many a day!

USE IT - laughter is free and always cheers up those around you. Besides, it's fun.

No comments: