Wednesday 26 July 2006

Fridges !



I heard a funny story the other day but I think you are only going to “get it” if you know what a Belfast accent sounds like. You also have to read it out loud to get the full effect.

Apparently a French tourist was having breakfast in one Belfast’s finest “greasy spoons” when the waitress asked him:

“Do ye want any fridges?”

The French tourist looked at the waitress with a bemused look and replied.

“I am sorry. I do not understand what you mean?”

“Fridges! Do ye want any fridges or not?” said the waitress again now with a gurn on her face.
“I am sorry”, replied the tourist, “I do not want a fridge?”
To which the waitress replied almost shouting.
“Fridges! Orange or grapefruit?”

Ahhh I love Norn Iron…

Allen

p.s. Fridges is Belfast for Fruit Juice.

No comments: