Friday 6 June 2008

Like magic

Ever have one of those days when you're wishing that something would happen, you don't ask for it, specifically, because you don't NEED it, but you wish it would come true? This happened to me on my drive home from Prescott yesterday. I was wishing I had more time to research and write my book. More time would help me create a much stronger finished product. More time would be good, I was thinking.

So today, I'm going through my e-mails, catching up from my absence, and there's a message from the acquisitions editor I'm working with on this project. She says the publisher would like me to consider doing a Fall '09 book, instead of the Spring '09 schedule I've been working on. And I'm thinking right away, "YES!" I would love to have more time to do the background work before getting to the writing part. In fact, as I've been working on the first chapter, I could see there was lots more detail I'd need in the remaining chapters. So I'm very pleased with this request. I immediately responded. And so the new deadline is set. I don't turn in the manuscript and photos till first quarter 2009. I'm so glad! I'm so glad! I'm so glad!

I was in serious need of more time, more time to work on the book itself, and more time to work on the sales aspect, more time to cultivate relationships with potential book buyers, and more time to find work that pays--so I can survive the book writing process. It's very time-consuming.

My message today then is: If you ever have a need, don't hestitate to wish for it. Sometimes wishing works like magic.

Ah! The power of your thoughts. Who knew?

All my best,
Jackie

No comments: