Saturday 28 June 2008

Bike for liberation

"The bicycle has done more for the emancipation of women than anything else in the world."


Feminist pioneer Susan B. Anthony said that (or some variation) in 1896. I can't recall where I read this quote the first time, but I wrote it down immediately on a sticky note and attached it to my computer. It's been staring back at me for several years now. I like what it says. I like that it works in favor of my message here. So I finally decided to share it with you after doing a search on the internet for more information about the quote and to see what else I could find. It could have led me on a wild goose chase, but I decided to stop when I found another interesting list of bike-related quotes. Visit this site for more enlightening moments.

If you have any bike-related quotes you've come across, please post a comment and share them with the rest of us. And, if you're so inclined, please go to the bottom of this page and sign up for my blog updates.

All my best,
Jackie "The BIKE Lady" Dishner

No comments: