Sunday 2 September 2007

I need to breathe!

After reading the newspaper, news on the web, magazines, and so forth, I need to take
a breath and relax myself!

So much waste, so much dwelling on horrible incidents and potential disasters.
So right now, and I hope you join me, I am going to take in a few deep, mindful breaths.

As I do so, I am going to visualize all the trauma, all that which I CANNOT do anything about, leaving with my exhalation. This is not to "deny" problems, but to attend to
my own well-being. For if I am to do ANYTHING about ANYTHING, I must empower myself
with positive thoughts and strong intellect.

In breathing my inhalation I think about drawing in fresh oxygen, getting it to my brain (which needs 50% more to think optimally), and regenerating my spirit and my body.

In breathing out I am letting negativity push out down my arms and through my fingertips, and I am releasing in order to think in more positive terms. That will enable me to "handle" what is happening in MY WORLD....and to touch, what I am able, in the world of others.

Another few minutes of mindful breathing and I am up from the computer and out to accomplish a few things, and enjoy the moments of my life. I hope you do the same.

No comments: